Post by Mea on Dec 15, 2015 8:51:10 GMT
At Shit Borderlines Do, one of our main priorities is creating a safe space for people with Borderline Personality Disorder. Please keep in mind that people with BPD come from all sorts of backgrounds, have a variety of experiences, and can have any list of co-morbid disorders. We will be vigilant about making sure this forum remains a safe space for people, no matter their identity and background. Because of this, we have issued the following rules. Breaking any of the listed rules can result in a warning, or a temporary or permanent ban.
- No type of racism, transphobia, homophobia, biphobia, queerphobia, ableism, Islamophobia, antisemitism, etc. will be tolerated. As much as I hate to use the phrase, this forum will be "politically correct." Keep this forum a safe space for everyone.
- No NSFW content (pornography, violence, etc.)
- Aggressiveness and passive-aggressiveness towards other members will not be tolerated. Targeting specific members (whether intentionally or not) because you dislike them or don't agree with them on something is approached in the same way. Disagreements are understandable, but we ask that you remain civil for their duration.
- "Dogpiling" (more than one member jumping on another for perceived or actual misconduct or incorrectness) will not be tolerated. While you may feel you can say something better than another member, if you are saying something that is essentially the same and is just as likely to elicit a negative response, please refrain from posting. If you feel it's a serious issue, inform a mod.
- Regular members are not to act on behalf of a moderator under any circumstances. If you see anything you think is against forum rules, please report the post and/or PM a moderator with your concerns.
- If you are posting about suicidal thoughts, self harm, disordered eating, substance use, rape, abuse, etc. please be sure to put a trigger warning at the beginning of your post. I don't care what format you use, as long as it's done. This can help protect other members from reading content which can trigger them.
- These rules also apply to private messages sent to other members. If you feel you are being attacked or harassed in a message from another member, please report it to a mod.
- Please try to avoid altering text sizes to anything too small or too big. Also try to avoid using all caps, or colored font which doesn't show up well. The easier posts are to read, the better!
- Also try to avoid signatures which are too large. No larger than 400x670, please.
- If you are called out for breaking a rule, please do not guilt-trip the mods or make us feel like villains for trying to keep the peace around here. If you disagree with why you are being reprimanded, feel free to bring up your concerns.